Shick, a company that is focusing on growth in the Kansas City area is searching for a CAD Software Engineer (Chief Detailer). Shick is a great company to work for, offering a comprehensive benefits packages and a bonus opportunity for all employees. Our tremendous growth has lead to many new opportunities and allows us to offer our employees stability and career advancement opportunities.
This position will identify and implement standard for use by the Detailing Team. This position will be heavily involved in training all levels of the organization on Detailing processes. This is a very exciting position which will be primarily responsible for making decisions, which will guide the direction of the Engineering department as we position our company to be an industry leader. We are a steadily growing company which is looking for the right person to attain the next level of performance with us.
- Development, review and maintenance of Shick CAD standards and practices.
- Training of appropriate personnel in the application of established CAD standards and practices.
- Verification/validation of functionality and adherence to established CAD standards and practices.
- Provide technical oversight and support as required for issues related to CAD software and procedures.
- Provide management with feedback regarding technical competence, and adherence to established standards for the Detailing team.
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase utilization of CAD software to improve department efficiencies and quality.
- Function as the gatekeeper for all CAD databases.
- Analyze and implement software releases as necessary.
- Function in the role of a Detailer as needed on Shick projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates degree in Computerized Drafting is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a role utilizing Autodesk Inventor Software.
- Autodesk Inventor Professional certification highly preferred.
- At least 5 years experience programming Autodesk Inventor using VBA.