Electrical (Controls) Engineer
Kansas City, Missouri Area
Shick, a company that is focusing on growth in the Kansas City area is searching for an Electrical Engineer. Shick is a great company to work for, offering a comprehensive benefits packages and a bonus opportunity for all employees. Our tremendous growth has lead to many new opportunities and allows us to offer our employees stability and career advancement opportunities.
The electrical engineer performs electrical and controls engineering of systems to a predetermined schedule and budget. Technical oversight and review is provided by Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Controls Engineering of dry and liquid ingredient handling systems, including creating ladder logic code, graphical interface development, integration and creation of batch and recipe management systems, sequence of operations, hardware specification, I/O lists, PID loop tuning, and panel wiring verification.
- Electrical engineering as required to specify equipment and wiring. Performs design calculations and prepares equipment or material specifications.
- Ability to perform designs using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Assignments require the investigation of a number of variables and assistance is provided by Senior Controls Engineer.
- May coordinate the work of drafts people and other technical support personnel.
- Should have knowledge of the design of dilute and dense phase pneumatic conveying systems, basic fluid handling knowledge, cGMP for food manufacturing, and industrial bakery operations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Allen Bradley PLC program development experience w/ControlLogix, SLC 500 Experience with processing industry instrument selection, calibration, and installation.
- HMI program development experience with PanelView Wonderware and RS View Experience with DeviceNet, Ethernet, and ControlNet
- Working knowledge of NEC code
- Ability to perform hands-on trouble shooting of controls, electrical, and instruments at fabrication shop or customer site locations
- VB a plus but not required
- Data base experience a plus but not required
- Experience creating wiring drawing design packages
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- AutoCAD experience
- Degree: Bachelors Degree in Engineering (any discipline) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of applicable experience preferred