Designs ingredient handling systems with an emphasis on liquid handling systems primarily within the food production industry. This position requires a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with guidance given by an assigned Project Engineer. This position must work collaboratively with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that each project meets all requirements for functionality, budget and schedule.
- Develop and design systems and components based on proposed scope of work, customer requirements/specifications, industry and government regulations, and Shick design standards.
- Evaluate/select products, parts and processes to ensure each project meets all requirements for functionality, budget, schedule and adherence to Shick design standards.
- Supervise, direct and develop detailers and designers on assigned projects.
- Review drawings for accuracy, completeness and adherence to Shick drafting and design standards.
- Provide shop/field support on questions or issues related to design/drawings.
- Generate shop/installation drawings for individual components, assemblies and overall system layouts.
- Process and release drawings/BOM’s to purchasing, manufacturing and installation.
- Develops User Requirements, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications and Operation and Maintenance Manuals for new and existing systems.
- Other duties as assigned