Mechanical Engineering Manager
Kansas City, Missouri Area
ShickUSA is looking for a true leader to join our growing Engineering Department as the Mechanical Engineering Manager. This position is critical to the success of the company and will participate in the creation and execution of the Shick Engineering Strategy.
This position provides leadership to the Mechanical Engineering team to include oversight of gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process solutions for Shick clients. A major role of this position is to identify opportunities for advancement of Shick systems and provide the business case to support the required investments. Consult on design and milestone dates of new projects with Engineering and monitor progress against project timelines regularly. Supervise and direct mechanical engineering staff to support strategic short and long term goals.
- Interact with company and client management to provide system solutions for client projects.
- Provide effective communication and leadership to fully engage the Mechanical Engineering team in support of standardization and the overall company direction.
- Develop and execute the Mechanical Engineering department vision.
- Direct and drive engineering efforts and reporting systems based on established goals.
- Recommend the selection of outside vendors and resources as necessary for project completion.
- Direct staff assignments of Mechanical Engineering team members.
- Develop and implement training in the form of classes, documentation and computer based instruction (CBI) to build bench strength in the various aspects of mechanical system design.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; recommending an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of Engineering. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering highly preferred. Minimum of two years of management experience with demonstrated ability to, coach, engage and develop a staff of 5 or greater.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in project, engineering, operations management or systems integration engineering; or a combination of education and work experience necessary to perform essential duties
- Minimum of two years experience in creating and implementing mechanical engineering standards and procedures.
- Minimum of two years experience in all of the following project phases: concept development, requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site start up.
- Experience using 3-D CAD software.
- Knowledge of the design of dilute and dense phase pneumatic conveying systems, basic fluid handling knowledge, cGMP for food manufacturing, and industrial bakery operations.
- Working knowledge of advanced features in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Database experience a plus but not required.
- Ability for extended travel and time away from home to complete projects at various plant locations; travel 10-20% of the time
To apply send your resume with salary expectations to:
Human Resources Manager