Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing materials, equipment and supplies in the organization. This position will be focused on continual improvement and development of procurement personnel and processes throughout the organization.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Enable the shift from business unit tactical purchasing to collaborative group acquisition strategy.
- Identify, evaluate and address critical group purchasing issues.
- Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices as necessary based on department workload.
- Distributes and maintains instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Manage and develop the procurement personnel to include enhancing positive feedback and reward as well as training and guidance on areas for improvement.
- Evaluate the organizational structure of the purchasing group and prepare recommendations for near-term, low-impact changes as well as long-term adjustments; assess the staff levels and skill mix in conjunction with the organizational review.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and pricing.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotes that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service.
- Designs, implements, manages and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Generate, disseminate and continuously improve reporting regarding inventory management and supply performance measurements reflecting actual performance levels in relation to goals.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Develop a benchmarking system for supplier performance and utilize to improve vendor performance.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.