- After thousands of system installations in numerous industries, Shick has gained a level of expertise that allows us to complete your project with a minimum of inconvenience or interruption to your normal operations. We understand your process, your plant layout and your unique production schedule.
- Site Supervision
- Field Engineering
- Customer Service
- System Audits
Mechanical & Electrical
- From silo setting through complete electrical wiring, Shick is dedicated to providing professional union and non-union installations.
Site Supervision and Subcontract Management
- Shick's site supervisors provide a single point of responsibility for on-site installation activity.
- Shick employs an installation checklist that is used to confirm the completeness and accuracy of the installation and includes testing motor rotation, blower oil levels, and filter media installation.
-I/O is checked for continuity through the control program to ensure proper address/physical point relationships.
- Shick's controls team is an active part of the system commissioning effort. This allows us to make on-site modifications to operator interfaces or logic, freeing service technicians to focus on system performance and training.
System "Dry Run" Testing
- Shick suggests that a "dry run" of the system be completed to confirm the basic sequencing of the system components. This process minimizes ingredient waste and provides a time for program modifications to be made.
- With both a service technician and controls engineer on site, Shick can support a customer's pre-production testing to confirm the convey rate and sequential performance of the system.
Training and Support
- To ensure optimum performance from your system, Shick offers customized training. Shick can train your engineers, maintenance personnel, and operators in everything from the basics of overall system operation and equipment sanitation to preventive maintenance servicing.
– The Shick Customer Service and Components Team are available to answer questions, assist with components and parts, and any other need that may arise. They are reliable, friendly and technically trained to help you with any challenges or orders.
- The experienced staff of Shick are trained to perform extensive system audits to improve the overall performance to your automated ingredient handling system. This includes:
- System Wellness
- Overall Performance
- Evaluation of Process Upgrades and Capital Improvements
- Maintenance and Housekeeping